Ma’aden Environment, Health & Safety Policy
Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden) will conduct its business in a safe environment that helps to prevent accidents that lead to any fatality, bodily injury illness, property damage or negative environment impact.
The company continuously applies the highest Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) standards throughout its design, construction, operations & maintenance and decommissioning stages.
Therefore, Ma’aden shall:
- Establish the framework for setting and reviewing EHS goals.
- Conduct regular risk assessment and audits in its facilities to identify and mitigate EHS risks.
- Communicate this policy to contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Train employees and provide resources and tools to maintain job competencies.
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, internal standards and all other requirements which the company adopts.
- Assure safe operations of the company facilities.
- Report all injuries or incidents sustained in the company.
- Promote off-the-job and community EHS awareness.
- Conserve resources and reduce waste.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of the company EHS management system.