Our Commitment to CSR
Ma'aden is committed to contributing positively to the well being of our people, the environment, economy and society. We recognize that responsible behaviour generates greater value for our stakeholders and earns us the trust of our employees, the communities in which we operate and our customers. Ma'aden endorses the definition of Corporate Social Responsibility as proposed by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development: Corporate Social Responsibility is "the continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large. Ma'aden will demonstrate its commitment in accordance with the five pillars that guide our strategic and operational approach.
Core to Ma'aden's commitment are the following 10 principles:
- Implement and maintain ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance.
- Integrate sustainable development considerations within the corporate decision-making process.
- Uphold fundamental human rights and respect cultures, customs and values in dealings with employees and others who are affected by our activities.
- Implement risk management strategies based on valid data and sound science.
- Seek continual improvement of our health and safety performance.
- Seek continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Contribute to conservation of biodiversity and integrated approaches to land use planning.
- Facilitate and encourage responsible product design, use, re-use, recycling and disposal of our products.
- Contribute to the social, economic and institutional development of the communities in which we operate.
- Implement effective and transparent engagement, communication and independently verified reporting arrangements with our stakeholders.