Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden) announced the opening of nomination for the membership of the board of directors for a period of 30 days, starting from August 13, 2020, until September 12, 2020, to elect eleven members for the upcoming period, starting from 25 October 2020, until 24 October 2023.
The nomination for the Board of Directors membership will be in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Law, the Corporate Governance Regulations issued by the Capital Market Authority, provisions of the Company’s Articles of Association and the Company’s Nomination and Remuneration Committee charter approved by the General Assembly. The candidates will be elected at the next General Assembly meeting, which will be announced later.
The applications of candidacy must be submitted before the end of nomination period, by submitting it during the official working hours of the Company to one of the following addresses:
Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden)
Nomination and Remuneration Committee
- Company headquarter, Abu Baker Al Sideeq Road, AlMaseef District, Riyadh
- E-mail: MarketCompliance@maaden.com.sa
For inquiries, please contact the Governance and Market Compliance Department at the following numbers:
00966 11 874 8290
00966 11 874 8276
The Remuneration and Nomination Committee will review the nomination request submitted to it, according to paragraph (2) of Article (65) of the Corporate Governance Regulations and the votes at the General Assembly may only be cast for candidates who have been nominated for the membership of the Board of Directors in accordance with the below conditions and criteria:
- 1- Fulfill of Board of Directors membership conditions as stated in the Nomination and Remuneration Committee charter approved by the General Assembly (attached)
- 2- Submit during the period specified above a signed letter to the Nomination and Remuneration Committee stating his\her wish to be nominated (attached), the letter is to be accompanied by his\her CV, qualifications and experience in the business of the Company.
- 3- Submit Form No. (1) CV (attached).
- 4- Submit the signed Form No. (3) issued by the CMA for Board membership nomination (attached), and which can be found on the CMA’s website (www.cma.org.sa).
- 5- Submit a statement containing details of the number and dates of memberships on the boards of directors of other joint stock companies and the committees that he\she have assumed or still a member of.
- 6- Submit a statement containing details of companies or institutions that the candidate manages or owns, and which conduct similar business to the Company.
- 7- Attach clear photocopies of valid national ID card, family card (if applicable) and a passport (for non-Saudi) or commercial register for companies and institutions (if applicable), the contact numbers of the candidate and photo of the candidate.
- 8- All documents and certificates attached to the nomination request must be in Arabic, and certified by the official authorities, and the candidate must provide a certified Arabic translation of any documents written in a foreign language.
It is necessary for the candidate to be familiar with and to comply with the relevant laws and regulations including Capital Market Authority regulations and Nomination and Remuneration Committee charter. The candidates are responsible to comply with the above.