SAUDI ARABIAN MINING COMPANY (MAADEN) ANNOUNCES ITS SUBSIDIARY MAADEN BAUXITE AND ALUMINA COMPANY HAS SIGNED THE AMENDMENT FINANCING AGREEMENTS AND FINANCING AGREEMENT TO REPLACE ITS EXISTING DEBT
Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) announces that its subsidiary Maaden Bauxite and Alumina Company (MBAC) has executed on Monday 03/11/1439H (corresponding to 16/07/2018G) an amendment agreement with the Public Investment Fund (PIF) to amend the terms of its existing loan of SAR 3.750 billion (USD 1 billion) which has been reduced to SAR 3.506 billion (USD 935 million) through previous repayments.
MBAC has also signed a financing agreement with the following local and regional commercial banks: The National Commercial Bank, Al Rajhi Bank, Riyad Bank, Bank AlBilad, Arab National Bank, Alinma Bank, Banque Saudi Fransi, Samba Financial Group, Saudi British Bank, Arab Petroleum Investment Corporation (APICORP), First Abu Dhabi Bank, The Saudi Investment Bank and Bank AlJazirah, for a total amount of SAR 4.245 billion (USD 1.132 billion). The financing will refinance the existing debt provided by local and regional commercial banks and the Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF), which was for a total of SAR 4.618 billion (USD 1.231 billion).
The periods of the original financing were as follow:
- 1-PIF facility for 16 years, scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2017.
- 2-Commercial banks facility for 16 years, scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2017.
- 3-SIDF facility for 7.4 years, scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2017.
The period of the amendment agreement will be as follow:
- 1-PIF facility for 14 years which will be repaid in 27 semi-annual scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2019.
- 2-Murabaha facility for 10 years which will be repaid in 19 semi-annual scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2019.
- 3-Murabaha facility for 12.5 years which will be repaid in 24 semi-annual scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2019.
- 4-Wakala facility for 12.5 years which will be repaid in 24 semi-annual scheduled installments starting from 30 June 2019.
The new facilities are on more favorable terms reflecting Maaden Bauxite and Alumina Companys status as a successful operating company and have been provided without any corporate financial guarantees from sponsors.
Note: MBAC is 74.9% owned by Maaden and 25.1% owned by Alcoa Corporation
The Capital Market Authority and the Saudi Stock Exchange take no responsibility for the contents of this disclosure, make no representations as to its accuracy or completeness, and expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any loss arising from, or incurred in reliance upon, any part of this disclosure, and the issuer accepts full responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in it and confirms, having made all reasonable enquiries, that to the best of their knowledge and belief, there are no other facts or information the omission of which would make the disclosure misleading, incomplete or inaccurate.
For further information please contact: