Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) announces the Opening of Nominations for Membership of the Board of Directors for Next Term
Saudi Arabian Mining Company Maaden is pleased to announce to its shareholders the opening of nominations for Board of Directors membership for the coming term which will start from 05/02/1439H, corresponding to 25/10/2017G, for a period of three years. Interested applicants who are Maaden shareholders and who are have the appropriate qualifications may apply starting from today Thursday 25/11/1438H corresponding to17/11/2017G, and no later than 26/12/1438H, corresponding to 17/09/2017G, taking in consideration the conditions of nominations stipulated in the Companies Law, also the Listing Rules and Corporate Governance Regulations issued by the Capital Market Authority. Applicants must fill out and sign CMA form (3) which can be obtained via CMA website (www.cma.org.sa). The application must also contain the following:
1. A resume of the nominee demonstrating qualifications and expertise in the Company business.
2. A statement of the board of directors and permanent committees of publicly listed companies on which the applicant has served along with the number meetings attended.
3. A statement of companies or institutions in similar lines of business in which the applicant is involved in managing or has ownership interest.
Also, nominees must provide a certified Arabic translation of any documents or documents written in a foreign language, and fill out and sign Maaden nomination request form (attached or can be obtained from the Company web site (www.maaden.com.sa), which includes the following:
1. Acknowledgment of eligibility of the candidate, and the absence of criminal record.
2. Acknowledgment that upon any acceptance of nomination, will not be a member of the board of directors of more than five joint stock companies, in violation of the relevant regulations.
3. The candidate must be at least 30 years old at the time of nomination.
4. No administrative conviction involving fraud or dishonesty by the applicant.
5. The candidate has never been dismissed from a board of directors due to negligence, mismanagement or irregular attendance at meetings of the board or its committees.
6. Attach clear photocopies of valid ID card, family card (if applicable) and copy of passport for individual or commercial register for companies and institutions (if applicable), the contact numbers of the nominee and two personal photos of the candidate.
Note that the Nomination and Remuneration Committee will take into account the diversity of the candidate qualifications and practical experience. Priority will be given to candidates with appropriate skills that complement and are compatible the Company requirements. The General Assembly vote will be limited to those who have nominated themselves in accordance with the above requirements. The Company will announce later the date of the next General Assembly meeting after receiving the necessary approvals from the proper authorities.
Original copies of the nomination applications, their attachments and forms must be addressed to the Nomination and Remuneration Committee care of the Board Secretariat and delivered to the head office of the Company or sent by mail or email to the following address: P.O Box 68861 Riyadh 11537 Tel: 0118748000 Fax: 0118748200 Email: email@example.com
For further information please contact: